The Cabooze
April 23, 2014, 12:55:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cabooze  (Read 3980 times)
AJ
Nutjob

owee!

View Profile Email
« on: May 12, 2003, 04:32:01 PM »

I have have visited many of the fine bars in minneapolis, but I have never ventured into the Cabooze. I was just curious as to what kind of place it is. I figured maybe Temiken or Joe could shed some light.  I guess it really doesn't matter, if Pat is performing it will be great anyway.
(by the way...for those of you in minneapolis...did you know that bar close is more than likely going to be pushed back to 2:00am. this is great, i'll feel like i'm in wisconsin again!
hey, does this mean pat will start an hour later, or... will he give us an hour extra Wink)

I am relentlessly pursuing fun!
Temiken
Keeper of Extra Coffee Filters
Nutjob

Wanna see where the monkey bit me?

tombehnke@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 03:41:18 PM »

Yo!

The Cabooze is kind of a biker bar.  Honest.  It's got a really wierd type of set up too.  The stage is about 10 feet from the bar and the  right in the middle of the joint.

It's going to be very important to get there early if we want to be anywhere near the stage with this odd set up.

Last time I was there, the sound really blew, but it might have just been an odd night.

Regarding bartime.  Normally Pat will start at around 10:30 and end at 1:00 regardless of bar time.  I think he actually starts and ends earlier in WI, but I've only been to a few shows down there.

See you next week and Pacino_man has pencilled himself in.

"No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does in the end is what he intended to do all along."
AJ
Nutjob

owee!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 06:37:35 PM »

Well I'm glad to hear that you and Pacino man will be there, maybe i can come up with a new movie trailer (sp?) that includes pacino and tyson...and lets see who else...you know anyone who can imitate any of the golden girls? that would be a great flic.

minperson
Quite the PatHead

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a Prison Rodeo!

sandbinperson
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 04:52:44 AM »

Well I'm glad to hear that you and Pacino man will be there, maybe i can come up with a new movie trailer (sp?) that includes pacino and tyson...and lets see who else...you know anyone who can imitate any of the golden girls? that would be a great flic.

Damn, would have loved to provide my Golden Girl talents for the trailer!!! lol.

WMLW Means Milwaukee!!!
Mark Lippert
The Boss
Administrator
Nutjob

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 06:14:02 AM »

When you're doing the Movie Trailer Guy, make sure to wedge in the phrases "In a world..." and "But now...."

"Wonder Twin powers, ACTIVATE!"
"Form of a bucket of water!"
"Shape of a thirsty gorilla!"
Temiken
Keeper of Extra Coffee Filters
Nutjob

Wanna see where the monkey bit me?

tombehnke@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 06:39:34 AM »

Mark,

You'd love to hear AJ's movie trailer guy voice.

Can we add some part to this site where we can upload files?

Smiley

"No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does in the end is what he intended to do all along."
Mark Lippert
The Boss
Administrator
Nutjob

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 07:58:02 AM »

Can we add some part to this site where we can upload files?

http://www.patmccurdy.com/photos.htm

"Wonder Twin powers, ACTIVATE!"
"Form of a bucket of water!"
"Shape of a thirsty gorilla!"
AJ
Nutjob

owee!

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 11:10:25 AM »

Mark you forgot "This summer..." Cheesy
Most people say my movie guy voice is pretty good. I have to admit I stole the idea from the comedian Pablo Fransisco's act though (just to be honest).
the funniest thing about my impression of the movie trailer voice is that I once pretended to be that guy (Don LaFontaine i think is his name) on a radio station, and they bought it!
A friend of mine was in a week long contest to win a trip, and one of the challenges for the contestants was to get the most famous person you can to call in on your behalf. i called up the radio station and pretended to be this guy, and they were so excited, then i'd be damned, they started asking me these somewhat personal question, and i had to really bs. my way through it especially since the one of the djs had just seen the guy on an interview, anyway they totally bought it and my friend ended up winning the contest b/c he had the most"famous" voice call in
sorry this is soooo long but i love telling that story.

AJ
Nutjob

owee!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 08:05:53 AM »

My spine is tingling! My fingers are tingling! Even my genitals are tingling. that must mean that I'm going to see Pat tonight!!!
(maybe the tingling in my genitals is something else?) Wink Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: