Paragon, February, 2003
April 19, 2014, 08:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paragon, February, 2003  (Read 2459 times)
briguy
King of the Geeks
Nutjob

I am Oblique And Unique!

10127907 briesy123 britre
View Profile Email
« on: February 23, 2003, 07:51:53 PM »

Oh Joy, and What the hell, do I beat EVERYONE home on a Sunday night???

Well, this show started out on a note of last weeks show with Modern Day Miracle as the second song. Chip must have been in heaven! Then, a more standard Paragon show followed. Anybody else start singing another Pat tune to the Mullet song?? Hmmm, recycled Pat tunes, but thats ok, the rest of the show was darn tootin good. The Country?Huh? was interestingly riveting.

Comedy was the name of the game with lots of great jokes from Pat, and Murf. I think most of us would have to agree that "Bryan" the Grammy guy (forgive me if I spelled your name wrong, Brian names are tough for me) with his acceptance speech and award was just a moment of fame. Additionally, somehow the butcher got his "Ghopher" lyrics on a napkin to be read by Pat for all to enjoy. Talk about slammin the ham....

Did someone say "Cake"? Mmmmmm Cake!  Happy Birthday Murf (A.K.A. Brian Murphy) you know we all have a fondness for you. And Katie (why is it always her Birthday?)

That Paul guy is the "Clique". Again he makes it to the show, Kicked out of law school hey? j/k Guess the snow on the East Coast keeps all the valuable players stranded in Milwaukee?

Anyway, it was a small crowd, with most of the good and popular songs played, and a good time was had by us all.
Lastly, if you were not there, you missed a very rare performance of Pat's "Medely of Medely's" which was Elvis, Elvis, Beatles, 80's, 90's, and others all in one master mix. Pretty darn good country music I must say.

So in conclusion, I rate this baby as I do all Paragon shows, the best you will see in Milwaukee second only to O'Briens. If you can't make these two places, I guess you are a Shank Hall player.  Tongue

I only come back when I want to make sure that I'm still in control
g
Quite the PatHead

Bozer, get it away from your penis.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 10:11:54 PM »

When I first heard My Mullet, the first words out of my mouth were "Oh, baby, baby", hence thinking it was "How Could I Forget", so yes, done it!!  Each song has its own exquisiteness, but there are some intros that can fool you; a good ear will tell the difference, though.  It's what happens when you write 500+songs, on occasion, you'll get confused.  Still looking for the "Disaster Girl/Paid for Nothing/I Can't Think Straight" medley...I hear it's been done.  I'll still take this over 'Which Top 40 pop punk wannabe teenage crap band is this again?  They all sound alike!'

groovin'onundertraction...you bastards.
Mark Lippert
The Boss
Administrator
Nutjob

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 05:18:53 AM »

And all this time, I've been hearing the theme song to the 1975 Joe Don Baker opus Mitchell, written and sung by the late Hoyt Axton.  But that's just me.

"Wonder Twin powers, ACTIVATE!"
"Form of a bucket of water!"
"Shape of a thirsty gorilla!"
sweetepie
Nutjob

"Monkey Sitter"

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 10:59:20 AM »

Black Cloud was played (my request) . Enough said.

Me, Myself, and I  !!!!!
sweetepie
Nutjob

"Monkey Sitter"

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 11:01:26 AM »

Ok, so there's more. Yeah, I have no idea why I like that song so much, I don't know if it's the melody, or the song itself, or the fact that Pat sings it, I have no clue, but I love it. And Pat says I never request anything, but when I do, he won't play them or he'll forget. (e.g. Girls get in trouble is the all time fav!) SO... I asked for Black Cloud, and he said he'd try but it's hard. Low and behold...... YAY!!!!!   Grin  

Me, Myself, and I  !!!!!
Chip
Nutjob

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 01:41:30 PM »

Well, this show started out on a note of last weeks show with Modern Day Miracle as the second song. Chip must have been in heaven!

Well that may be overstating things a bit, but I am glad that this song seems to be undergoing a bit of a revival.

Anybody else start singing another Pat tune to the Mullet song?? ?

This has been happening a lot lately. More than one of us thought that "Up Too Late" performed as last Sunday's finale was going to be "In Pursuit"

That Paul guy is the "Clique". Again he makes it to the show, Kicked out of law school hey? j/k Guess the snow on the East Coast keeps all the valuable players stranded in Milwaukee? ?

No, he actually went back to Boston for what? Four days? and then came back again. Now that's Dedication for you.

Oh and "You're Unique" was played, striking yet one more song from the very short list of Pat songs that I have never heard performed live. Albeit this version was without the verbal "gusto" at the end that I was expecting, so Sarah and I had to add it in ourselves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: