Where was the 1st time you saw Pat Play?
April 19, 2014, 11:42:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where was the 1st time you saw Pat Play?  (Read 29882 times)
goo

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »

The first time I had seen Pat was YIPES. High school freshman year, 1980 heheh. They played a gig in our schools (West Bend EAST and West) auditorium. I still have the ticket stub! Actually come to think of it, it was my first concert ever. (then the Clash)
Karlee
Currently stalking Pat

Let's Go Brewers!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »

I am pretty new to the Pat thing, but I have quickly found my own special place among the Pat followers. I first heard about Pat in the summer of 2006 when I was studying abroad. Two of the girls I was traveling with had gone to Pat concerts in Eau Claire, and they told me how funny he was. The first thing to come out of my mouth when they spoke of him was "who the hell is Pat McCurdy?" Oh how things have changed! Now I own all of his cds and I share the goodness of Pat with almost anyone who will listen.

My first show was Dec 1st, 2006 at the House of Rock in Eau Claire. I remember that he opened with "Ruin My Life." I did not get a virgin lap song or obligatory slow dance Cry, but I did get mini candy canes from Pat during his break. I also caught a pair of socks that he threw into the crowd- practical Christmas presents. Since then, I have tried to see Pat whenever I can. In the 7.5 months that I have known Pat I have seen 17 shows, and I hope to make it 30 by the time my one year mark rolls around. Not too shabby for living in Eau Claire where Pat only comes once a month during the school year, and not at all during the summer Sad. But I don't mind making road trips to see my favorite guy.  Grin I really hope to make it to a Tuesday night in Madison sometime in the next few months, but that might have to wait until Christmas break. My favorite place to see Pat has been O'Gara's in St. Paul (go Bernie)!   

Brewers baseball and never-ending live music... I love Milwaukee Smiley
NIP
Getting obsessive

Not [in an] Imaginary Picture

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2007, 08:54:02 AM »

NYC, of course, Sep 24, 1991, TUESDAY at the Bitter End, 149 Bleecker Street (Yay, goo and Karlee et al for resurrecting the thread). 

Geez, really, 1991...  my Pat experience is old enough to drive...  Milwaukeean Dann ("THE EX") was always singing some appropriate Pat lyrics in given situations and hooked me back in May 1989 with "Memorial Day" and other tunes from that CASSETTE ("I'm an Artist" "Rich, Young, Pretty, & Tan").  Looking back at my journal, I'm surprised I forewent seeing Little Feat at the Beacon Theater that night; but thank god for the wiser choice.  Bitter End had a somewhat small crowd, and I was really impressed Pat and Pipe were so nice talking to us after the show (and saying they had to get right back in the van to drive somewhere after -- some things never change).

But, let's face it, my life changing Pat experience was seeing him at Summerfest 2005 when Dann and I started Recycle-Keeping Company.  I think I actually insisted we go (esp. after a CBS 2003 or -4 Summerfest interview with Pat), since I'd never been to Milwaukee but I still loved Pat songs and couldn't believe I hadn't seen him live in almost 14 years.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE Summerfest used to make.  & again Pat was so great talking to us after the show, not sure how he'd go over in NY again since --quote-- "These are my people!" --unquote-- ,,,

Thank god we rock Friday Gras NYC!

luv,
missy

"I am seated in an office, surrounded by heads and bodies." -- Infinite Jest
goo

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2007, 01:54:03 PM »

Oh, and I remember other Pat first's.
1st Pat and the Men About Town: at Century Hall (my 1st collage date) heheh
1st Pat and the Confidentials: at the Boardwalk
1st Pat "solo" (with Mike and George): at Sherman's Celebrity Club
ahh... the good time just keep rolling.
Manderbear99
Getting obsessive

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »

First time I saw Pat was in the fall of 2006, I had a horrendous day at work and did NOT want to go out. My fiance dragged me up to O'Gara's because his cousin told him he HAD to see this performer. I told him it was going to be stupid and boring, by the end of the show I was dancing and singing along. We have been to almost every show since then Smiley

?I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree then prehaps I should . . . so that other giraffes may die? - Eddie Izzard
Chedda
Getting obsessive

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2008, 10:02:16 AM »

believe it was the Terrace in the summer of 1992 and was instantly hooked.  I really miss the shows at Funny Business though...the RSR just isn't the same.  But I've been to 600+ shows since and still love it!
xramenheadx

likes everything

xramenheadx
View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2008, 02:19:07 PM »

My first Pat show was an Oak Creek Community Concert this summer. My boyfriend had arranged for a slew of his friends to come along, and we all went down to the community center and wandered about, most of us half-listening, but my boyfriend singing along with every word. I remember walking in during the Tribute to the 80s and joining in, and eventually catching on to "Hey Paddy" and "Monkey Paw." My first REAL show, however [and by real, I mean actually paying attention Tongue] was at this year's [2008] St. Francis Days. Again, my boyfriend dragged me along, and I had a blast.

Monkey Paw t-shirts have the power to replace ANY earworm...
Tubes

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2009, 02:38:34 AM »

The first time I saw Pat play was when I was a sophomore at UWSP.  He played in the Encore at the union for copper fountain festival.  My girlfriend's friends couldn't believe I had never heard of this guy Pat McCurdy, although they couldn't really describe him for me.  So they "dragged" me along and about halfway through the show I was singing and laughing and having a great time.   One of the girls who brought me burned me a Pat cd and from then on I've gone to every show I possibly can and I bring anyone who might want to tag along.  The girlfriend didn't stick around but Pat will.
DaniHall
Getting obsessive

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:35 AM »

I very first heard of Pat many years ago when he had been with the Guys About Town and also the Confidentials.  I never actually had gotten around to witnessing him up until December '91 or '92 whenever he had been playing a whole slew of Christmas shows at Celeb Nightclub.  It was a Sunday evening.  Why do I keep in mind which?  Little tip, just thought I'd throw it in.  I dragged my pal Theresa along and prior to the very first ready was over, we were both addicted for lifetime.
Since then, I've observed Pat at minimum when a week, every week.  Not including his vactions or when he just doesn't play nearby, of course.

Mark Lippert
The Boss
Administrator
Nutjob

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »

...the hell?

"Wonder Twin powers, ACTIVATE!"
"Form of a bucket of water!"
"Shape of a thirsty gorilla!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print